Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be difficult to notice because of how gradually hearing loss usually advances. Unlike children, who get regular hearing tests in school, adults hardly ever even consider scheduling an appointment. So why would your hearing be any less relevant than your vision?
It’s worthwhile to have regular hearing exams, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Day-to-day situations can expose potential hearing problems. Do you frequently need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a difficult time hearing in loud settings? Are you constantly turning the volume on your TV up? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you replied yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association suggests hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing issues, this is an ideal reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will use baselines, which will provide a reference frame for further comparison to monitor changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Issues, such as earwax buildup, or noise-induced hearing loss, can be recognized early on by regular hearing exams, preventing further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can in some cases point to root medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Treating these conditions may improve your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of untreated hearing loss. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and general quality of life, permitting you to fully participate in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and stay alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, your grandchildren’s laughter, or an important work meeting.
Safeguard your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by scheduling a hearing examination with us today.